Thursday, May 24, 2007

Gallery Player's 2007-08 Season

I saw on Matt's blog. Gallery Player's season is as follows...

Six Degrees of Separation
Yank! A New Musical
The Santaland Diaries
The Wild Party (see links below)
Lysistrata
Man of La Mancha

Six degrees is a hard play. I've read it but never seen it. Great role for a black man too! No, I haven't forgotten that I'm black. I'm not sure I'm going out for it though because I need to get paid.

The only other one that caught my attention is The Wild Party. I saw the LaChiusa version this spring at Columbia University. It was tremendous. I wonder how the Lippa will compare. Here is some history about the two versions, in case you didn't know.

The Wild Party (LaChiusa) (2000 Original Broadway Cast) My favorite now. The Wild Party (Lippa) (2000 Off-Broadway Cast) The other one. ;-)


No comments: