Tuesday, September 25, 2007

SNL...another stab in the coffin

Saturday Night Live doesn't have much time left.

Maya Rudolph, the most talented cast member, is leaving SNL right before the premiere on Saturday. I think it has something to do with money. Shame, she is the only woman of color on the show (insane, isn't it).

SNL, wake up! Inject some new talent in your show. I think they work in a bubble. Meaning only the people in the room think whatever they're doing is funny. Those cast members make about $350,000 and above. That's reason enough to fire dead weight.

I watch the show and wonder who thought this was funny. I could see how a few jokes bomb, but I've fast forwarded many shows, but they are just unfunny. I refuse to watch it live anymore. You can't say it's a lack of talent. New York City if full of comedians! Hire them on a temporary basis! Let those writers and cast members know that they're jobs aren't guaranteed.

1 comment:

Incognito Man said...

Don't watch SNL anymore for the same reason especially when there are so many talent out there to harness and we get some really crappy comedian over and over again.