Monday, September 24, 2007

The New Guy


There is a new guy in the office. Let's call him Dell. This guy arrives about two weeks ago and he's very nice, tall with dark features, I think he's Latin. After about a week and I hear him say to me, "Good Morning handsome". I'm like, "what?". He would just keep on walking like it's nothing.

Soon after the winks came. They weren't sexual, but they said, "I know something about you". That's fine because I don't hide anything at work. In fact, one of my bosses tried to hook me up with someone. They have the best intentions don't they?

Last week, Dell gave me a magazine about Opera in New York City. I'm not so much into Opera as Musical Theatre, but it was sweet. Friday was the confirmation I heard him say to a man, "they (meaning he and this other guy) couldn't afford something". Ahhh, a partner. That's good and bad at the same time. Oh well, maybe he'll have a Christmas Party at his house. He lives off of Central Park.

I'll keep you posted....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take a picture! Take a picture!

Maybe he's just dating someone and it's not serious. Maybe he is but maybe its a year for making more friends. Remember networking?

Maybe ask everyone with him around what their plans are for Christmas and casually ask Dell whether he has anything planned? No harm is there? In any case, and invitation might come your way and who knows what the party might bring.

Liabilities are opportunities and vice-versa but you'll never know right?

Kevin said...

I think he would be open for hanging out occasionally. I have a few months before the holidays to work on that.

you never know!