Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Rain Keeps Falling...Down


I awoke this morning to thunder and rain so loud that I had to make sure my windows were shut in the apartment. I love the rain when I can curl up in bed and listen to it clobber the side of the building, but when you have to get up and go to work that love turns offensive.

The A train was working, but the D train was so packed that no one could board. So I jumped back on the A, took it to the closest stop and walked five avenues, which is like three blocks each, to work. I have a large umbrella that didn't work as well as I wanted because the spokes kept becoming dislocated from fabric. Imagine, I walk inside a deli, get my coffee and sandwich, open my umbrella and half of it is flopping in the wind. That just made the commute more frustrating. At least people at work, refrained from giving me a hard time. I surely wasn't in the mood.

Speaking of moods. A cloud has descended. It's temporary, but that's how I'm feeling now.

The image is from An Instant Guide to the Weather.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So what does this cloud look like? I tend to look at 'Clouds" in a rather clinical way - the weather pattern affects how long it will stay and go. That way I can prepare myself at least for the worst.

The thing with weather pattern is that it is what it is. The weather forecasting a myth but in the end, you will need to step out in the open and look up. Weather is all about experience. Never believe the weather man all the time though... they're only human.

Someone once told me that man cannot change fate and because we are always anxious for good things to come our way, we forget to channel those energies towards positive things. I have recently embraced the idea of "positive thinking'. It gets me through traffic, finding a parking space in the middle of the city for cheap and control my habit of overspending. It helps provide clarity in the most dire of situations.

Clouds afterall brings us rain and water is 75% Man. It is intertwined.

Take care Kevin and look up once awhile. Manhattan has its moments including the people that dwell within its confines. Your passion will sustain you!