Friday, June 8, 2007

125 Best Foods

I've had a rocky relationship with food my entire life. When I'm feeling blue I eat, when I'm happy I eat. Yes, I'm an emotional eater. Here's a short story.

I started gaining weight around 10 years old. I had a 34 waist in 5th grade (I know). It just kept growing until at my Senior Prom I had a 44 waist and was about 285lbs. I had a 50w pair of Levis. What changed was that I got out of my parent's home and went to school. There I connected to why I was eating (long story).

Asking myself, "Am I hungry?" before I put a piece of food in my mouth helped me lose 60 lbs in three months. From then I exercised and more weight came off. I'm not saying that this will help those who want or need to lose weight, but I know one thing for sure. Diet's don't work. Losing weight is about a lifestyle change.

I have more magazine subscriptions than I need, but one that I find invaluable and read cover to cover is Men's Health. Check out their article about the best foods for men.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know I have to agree with you on this one. MH is (and has been for many years now) my favorite magazine. ~Trey