Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Mocha Goodness


I did indeed get a mocha latte last night. It was yummy. I sat in one of my favorite coffee shops last night to read A New Earth. It wasn't too crowded so I went to the back to have my own space. I decided against the sofa because I knew that could be a trigger for me to fall asleep.

Of course about five minutes later a man comes to the table across from me, smiles and sits down. While he typing on his multimedia phone with the safari browser another gentlemen comes introduces himself and sits down. They obviously haven't met.

I was witnessing a "first meeting".

I continued reading, but what I gathered from the convo was that they were both writers, one from the New York Times and the other from X. One thing I noticed is that when you don't know someone you speak at a higher volume as opposed when you know someone. I had never give that much thought before. As they talked their volume got softer. Good for them! One said, "I don't want you to be late for your meeting." and the other said, "No problem." Cute!

I finished my chapter and went to an eventful evening at work thanks to JK!

No comments: