Friday, January 25, 2008

Time's a Wasting

by Erykah Badu

Time's a wastin
Don't you take your time young man
Keep on driftin and
Ain't no tellin where you'll land

Run baby, run, run
Where you runnin to?
And who you runnin from?
Some people may not understand
What it means to be a man
Takin' full command
Cause we're

Livin in a world that's oh so strange
Boy don't let your focus change
Takin out the demons in your range, hey
Livin in a world that's oh so fast
Gotta make your money last
Learn from the past, oh

I've been feeling an itch lately that needs scratching. My full time job is not very fulfilling (survival job) and my other gig is annoying (on the management side). How hard is it do what you say you're going to do? Oh well, at least I enjoy the job itself.

Thanks Hadi, last week I was rediscovering "new" Madonna albums, "Ray of Light and Music". This week I'm looking to Ms. Erykah Badu for inspiration. I've liked her since February 1997 when I heard On and On. I saw her live at a local nightclub in my hometown back in 1997 and was hooked. she's connected, intense and has a great sense of timing when performing. Her Live album and Mama Gun are inspirational because of the questions she asks and her lyrics i.e. "my eyes are green cause I eat a lot of vegetables."

So when I heard from Hadi about the new album, I made sure you set a few coins aside for when it's released on February 26th. That's two albums that day.

Janet Jackson and Erykah Badu!!!

I better save my money!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm saving up already....