Friday, January 18, 2008

525,600...moments of Love


Rent is closing June 1st!

The first show I saw on Broadway is closing! It will be the seventh longest running show in Broadway history.

Back in 1996 after the show won the Tony and was hot hot hot, B and I came up to New York to see it. I camped out all night at 41st street in Times Square to get our tickets and it was so worth it. I cried, laughed and hummed (lightly) along to one of my favorite songs, "Seasons of Love".

I guess now I can look forward to seeing it in community theatres and high schools.

Goodbye Rent! There will never be another like you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe its due to the movie that it is losing its publicity. I am sad to see such a magnificent show be pulled of the broadway showlist. I am glad that I will be able to see it one last time on broadway before it is over.GOODBYE RENT

Anonymous said...

Now its off to wicked hairspray phantom and many other great broadway shows