Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Mile 11


Williamsburg Race
Originally uploaded by kevinholdenpics
What a weekend! I had two friends run in the marathon, but missed both on the route on Sunday because I forgot to register online to track them via the web. I've never watched the runners before, but I will from now on. The energy, momentum and determination was palpable and infectious.

I went to Williamsburg, Brooklyn near North 7th Street and moved to the sidewalk edget. I heard this woman next to me yelling names of runners. I didn't understand how she knew all those people until I saw that some runners had their names on their clothing. She would see a name and yell, "Go Doug, etc." They would smile, look up and keep going.

I have so much respect for that journey (I'm always about the journey). I don't know anyone in this shot, but I thought it was a great representation of what I saw.

26 Miles...wow!! Congrats to all that ran.

No comments: