Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Subway Going Uptown


I got on the train headed uptown to Circuit City on 80th street because it's on the way home. I refuse to buy expensive earphones again, so I was on a mission to find the cheap Sony ones. Circuit City didn't have anything, really....they didn't have much inventory at all. Pretty sad, I think they're on the way out.

The story was on the train though. I was on the crowded 1 train and when I mean crowded it was ridiculous. It can be like a dance if you know what side the doors will open for your destination. I know so I maneuvered to the proper side and was completely in this man's space, but that's a given on a crowded train. Let me describe the scene to you...

He's about 6'2 and I'm about 6ft. Let's put it this way, we had to look in opposite directions because if I faced him I might as well kiss him. At one point I couldn't stop laughing, because it was crazy. This lasted one train stop, but it seemed like eternity.

It's moments like that, that get you thinking. That moment was a negotiation. If the train was empty and I was that close, things would have been a little different.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How true...probabilities/
possibilities are endless!

The trouble with me is that I would have opened my mouth and said how awkward it is to be standing infront of someone else's face - he has to be good-looking and receptive though. Straight people will not understand!

That's when the hubby always says that I speak too much sometimes and should let things be.

Kevin said...

No, in NYC you don't say anything. New Yorkers leave a lot unsaid. It's easier that way.

He was so yummy though.