Monday, October 1, 2007

Across the Universe


I was never introduced to The Beatles growing up. I lived in a R & B/ 70's & 80's pop home. I wanted to see it was because of Julie Taymor and it's similarity to Hair. The colors, images and puppetry were uplifting.

Once I surrendered to the story and stopped trying to fit it into my idea how a story should be told I enjoyed it a lot more. I may get the soundtrack because of the voices in the movie. I'm not a fan of the Beatles' voices.

Talk about a voice for the revolution. Where is that revolution now? The youth of the United States need to stand up for themselves. Old men are deciding of they live or die. That's just not fair.

3 comments:

Incognito Man said...

Kevin,
This is visually brilliant.

"Oh my God, you have prefect teeth!"

Pass me the tissue....

Kevin said...

who has perfect teeth??

Anonymous said...

In the trailer, that's what the guy said to the leading lady when she smiled.

Can you imagine someone saying that to you?!! BLOODY Romantic! Anything beats "you have a nice pair of...."