Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Tell me you Love me


I watched it last night and I have to say I will set my DVR to record it.

Finally, a show that is not for children and doesn't pretend to be in any way shape or form. Right now the show is about three couples in dramatic moments in their relationships. First one, is about to get married. Second, is trying to have a baby and the third has hit a plateau.

I like looking at relationships from the outside in, so this is quite compelling for me. The graphic sexual aspect doesn't freak me out; instead, it shows how sex is a tool. On one hand it's used to have a baby, but it's also used to avoid intimacy issues and that just one couple. How many couples do you know that are trying desperately to have a baby to "repair" what's wrong in their relationship?

Overall, I'm looking forward to seeing how this flower unfolds.

Side note: Even the six-five plus year old therapist had sex on the first episode (she's in the pic). She fellated her partner. Bravo for the writers showing different types of people having sex. If you looked to TV/Movies for an indication of who's having sex, you'll think that after 40 you lose all desire.

All they need to do now is throw in some people of color, but I bet they don't have a writer to tell that story effectively and authentically.

Time will tell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with TV just showing young people having sex. I was just wondering a couple of weeks ago about male sexual health. You know how women go through HRT Treatment?

What sort of treatment do men go through as they get older? Does their libido lessen with time and how do people cope with the sexual needs as they get older? All these strange questions seems to be a little 'taboo'. Males don't go through 'MAN-O-PAUSE' but I think we do. Not in the female sense but something else.

I will need to read more because it is an intriguing concept. More so now as I get older. Not old just older!!!