Monday, September 10, 2007

Bury my heart at Wounded Knee


One of the best things I've seen. It haunts you.

One, because our country has such a soiled past. What would have happened if the Europeans never left Europe and left Africa and North America alone.

Two
, being the anniversary of September 11th, I wonder if the United States is having a karmic experience.

Just a thought that went through my mind as I watched the movie.

This is a line from the movie:
"The Earth belongs to the white man; there's no future outside his world"

It's not so hard to see why Native Americans would think that.

3 comments:

Incognito Man said...

I try not to be too disheartened...if we look around at all the injustices, we'd go utterly insane - the reason why I don't see such movies...not to avoid them rather it will overwhelm me with grief. An emotion that I keep in a little compartment.

I'd rather heal those that are close to me and love those that reciprocate the gesture.

Kevin said...

Good point. It's hard to see those movies, but I think it's important to see the stories, get the full picture.

I just like that.

Unknown said...

No one in this world is innocent. The American Indian continusouly waged war on their neighbors. The Iroquois excursion into Canada before the White man almost wiped out the Huron. If you only view the act and egnore the history leading up to it to it you are a shollow minded as those who committed it. America is the leader of the free world and the good that it does in 100 of countries very day is over shadowed by a bunch of spoiled cry babies in this country. Most of which would have taken the side of Calvery, gold does strange things to man.