Friday, September 21, 2007

Friday Morning...


I'm on the train this morning.... two stories.

I'm reading Out magazine and this guy that sits next to me; he's got on a navy pin stripped suit, leather briefcase and he whips out the Wall Street Journal. I'm thinking he must be headed to Wall Street because the train I catch in the morning heads straight to the World Financial Center. Last night I went to bed around 10:30pm (early for me) so I wasn't sleepy (sometimes I pass out when I get on the train). The "wall street guy" was sleep deprived. Before I knew it his paper fell on his lap and he started the "train sleep dance". The train sleep dance is when a passenger slips deeper and deeper into dreamland while his body shifts to one side or the other. This time he headed toward me and my shoulder. It was so cute. For ten minutes I saw him moving closer and closer to me, while his body struggled to stay upright and just before he used my shoulder as a pillow, I was at my stop. I'm sure he was out again, he had another fifteen before he was downtown.

Same train, while "wall street guy" was dozing another was checking out Out magazine and kept discreetly looking up at me. Was he in shock because I was reading it or that I was reading it on the train? Come on this is New York City, men hold hands in the street and on the train. With that said, you can get picked up for reading Out, HX or Next but that wasn't my intention. I pick the train as a great way to read my magazines. He got off the at the same stop as I did, but bolted in the other direction. Maybe he thought it would rub off of him.

Guess I should get more rest. I wonder what else I've missed on the train.

1 comment:

Incognito Man said...

This is a very interesting blog Kevin...almost a good little script for a 5 minute short film.

People in general are very insular...they pretend to accept but honestly they tolerate.

I guess we just need to be more honest and less PC.