Monday, August 6, 2007

Working


I took the day off so that I could spend time at a certain Chelsea studio and beg for a job. Not only did I decide to go, but most of the New York City population as well. I couldn't stand it any longer and went to Starbucks to get away for that circus atmosphere. I'm sure if I stayed there any longer I would explode.

There's got a be another way. In this time of the Internet and social networking, couldn't we have a way where there could be a lottery made from the first 30 people that sign up and everyone else is giving a number and confirmation. Not necessarily a time like equity, but at least you know if you're going to have a chance to be seen (beg). The producers aren't paying you to take of work and spend all day waiting. Getting up early doesn't necessarily mean much because they can type you out and you'll be out of a day of work and no gig.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still remember those days when i started out in the Arts...worked 7 days a week to attend art school in the day. Did that for 4 years.

I think the hard work is what makes us appreciate what we do and the perspective on life that we place each day that others take for granted. Soul Food!

Hang in there and Network, Network, Network - get on those invite lists and make those sacrifices so that one day you can feel good about turning down a job without selling yourself short. Till then... network/cocktails!!!

Kevin said...

:-)