Thursday, August 9, 2007

Pass the Diet Coke


It's 9:15am yesterday morning and I'm still sitting on the train between stops heading to work. We've been underground since 8am and I'm okay because I'm with my good friend and roommate.

Suddenly we hear a cry and a voice saying, "Oh my God" in Spanish. I look behind me and I see this lady collapsing. She probably thought we were going to die underground or something. We all felt for her but there was nothing anyone could do to help.

Then, out of the blue we hear, "pass this to her". We look and someone sends a diet coke to the crying woman. To my surprise, she quieted down like a baby. My friend and I laughed because of the diet coke being the item that calmed her down. It seemed like we were filming a commercial. It was good she got the diet coke because were still underground between stations for another twenty minutes.

I had never heard of a soft drink having this effect on someone. I'm going to try one for lunch today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was quite good! I really thought that the fainting spell was for real!! Imagine if they gave her Coke Zero? She's probably drop dead and that would be a grand commercial.

Good one there!

Kevin said...

LOL....u crap me up!!!