Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Hamptons?

No, I'm not in the Hamptons, but I am near it. I'm in a town near Freeport. It's a quiet town that reminds me of where I'm from. I've heard doors close, but that's about it. It's like a mini vacation coming out here. Some of the homes have waterways and boats that they take into the bay. It's really great to hop in one and go to Fire Island.

Independence Day should be self explanatory and inspiring. It should be a day when Americans celebrate the contributions of Americas toward our "freedom". For me today is another day off. When July 4, 1776 happened, my ancestors were owned? That fact doesn't consume me, but it's a thought I have when we remember the history of our country. It's not all red, white and blue.

I love this country. There are plenty of opportunities to make a lot of money if you want that. I probably couldn't have this blog in other countries so I'm grateful, but just like Independence Day we shouldn't forget the entire history of this country.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want a vacation..... Oh how I need one now soooo badly.

Lest we forget!