Thursday, June 28, 2007

Settle for this or that

I was watching an episode from Sex and the City (Season 2 episode 2) and it was about what you can "live with" in a relationship. For me it depends. For me, I have are expectations.

  • Do you do what you say you're going to do?
  • Are you affectionate?
  • Are a good listener?

I'm single and don't have too much experience in relationships, but from what I see, everyone settles. Everyone, says, "I can live with this or that, but not this. I can relate to that, but how much are you willing to stand for. That whole "love can conquer all" idea is bullshit. That's for the Hallmark cards and Valentine's Day are for. What conquers all is open communication and a willingness to be vulnerable in front of each other.

In that episode, Carrie's friend was in a abusive relationship and willing to stay her husband. This is the episode when Charolette gets the dog (Henry) who shits all over hear apartment. Char eventually gave him to a family, but realized that she and her dog weren't the right fit. That's where I stand. I'll try (almost) anything once, but if it doesn't fit there's no need to sit in a bunch of crap.

Psychology Today is a great site with some interesting articles about relationships! Check it out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember when Carrie suggested to Miranda when she was trying to figure Steve out? The Pros/Cons approach.

I think sometimes you have to take a leap of faith. Relationships will one way or another require one single'major' sacrifice and if you can live through it together then you'll know...much like 'soul food' kinda way.

Hope that you've gotten over your iPhone addiction!

Kevin said...

LOL. You're right about the leap of faith. One day I'll make it. As far as the iPhone addiction, it will get worse when I touch one. I'm going to go to the 5th Ave store late night Friday night.

Incognito Man said...

Make sure you use gloves - the iPhone spores can infect others.

The bank manager says I've already had too many infections this year