Friday, June 22, 2007

The Cock & Butai (BOO-TAY)



Those are actual places in the city. Last night a friend of mine needed to blow off some steam so we hung out all over the east village. I didn't get back home until 1:15am and went to bed around 2am. I'm doing okay, but I need another cup of coffee.

We stumbled upon Butai running around looking for a raw foods place called "Pure" that my friend couldn't find. We walked from Union Square to Gramercy Park. We walked past Butai, peeked in, left to continue our search for Pure Food and Wine. See, I need an iPhone!!!

Let's just say it started to rain and we headed back to Butai.

The host/server bows to us as we walk in (which felt weird). We had:

  • Both: Bottle of Nigori-zake (unfiltered sake)
  • Me: Jidori (Breast or Thigh) & Tsukune
  • Friend: Spider, tuna, and salmon roll

Not sure if I'd get the Nigori-zake again, but everything else was delicious and the service was good (keep in mind there weren't many people in the restaurant and the upstairs was closed). Next time I will get the sushi; it was delicious.

Keep this in mind if you're looking for a nice sit down place near union square that's not too crowded.

No comments: