Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Rest in Peace Palm


Do you remember when Palm came out with the PDA? It was incredible how you could have information(calender/Memos/ToDo lists) with you when you traveled and not have to worry about carrying around a laptop or have one of those paper calendars full of Post It notes. Then, they brought the phone functionality to the PDA and the Smartphone was born. Palm has been having some issues lately and was in desperate need of a makeover. I'm interested because I'm in the market for another PDA, but refuse to switch my service to AT & T for the iPhone. Today Jeff Hawkins was going to "wow us" with a new product. This is what we got...

Palm Foleo

Come on Palm, I have a laptop and don't want to carry around something that I'll need to carry around in a bag. What kind of user are they marketing this to? I'm supposed to use it with my smartphone? Goodness. That's two devices. Palm explain why someone needs the Foleo when we have laptops and phones that have bluetooth.

Let's see...web browsing, emailing, viewing attachments and no calling feature. After seeing this I would save my $499 and get an iPhone.

If you have stock in this company, I would think twice about keeping it. This was their moment to shine and they dropped the ball. Where is handspring when you need it, wait they merged with Palm.

See it's not just me!

No comments: