Monday, October 31, 2011

Scorcher Girl

It’s been so long since my last blog entry.  I refuse to admit that blogs are dead.  I will admit that while Google plus is about sharing, blogs seem more personal. 

DC Universe Online came out in January and didn’t really know what I was doing.  I created a character and just did the missions so that I could hit Level 30.  I thought the game would be over, but I was sooooo wrong.

It was only the beginning.  There is so much investment needed in this game to be successful and more specifically strong.

Take my strongest character:

Scorcher Girl
Power:  Fire Tank
Weapon:  Brawling
Movement:  Flight
Mentor:  Superman

When you start, your character has broken free attempting to escape Brainiac's ship.  Once off, you end up in a safehouse (Police Station) and start accepting missions that help your character level up with Power points and skill points.  Once you reach 30 you'd think that you've achieved the highest level but that's not true.  The next steps can take a few months.  

  • Arenas
  • Alerts
  • Legends
  • Duos
  • Raids
After I "leveled" up to 30 I decided to play some new content that was available to me and I kept dying against other players or challenge modes.  It was terrible.  Then I realized that I had to build my armor up in order to get stronger and start winning.

That was in May and now I'm finally in a decent place to be effective in a RAID or even hard alert.  

For me what makes this game so amazing is the community and strategy aspect of it.  I'm part of a League and they're incredible.  DCUO isn't about button mashing.  You really can't win that way, but you can win by combining you power with you fighting abilities.  Combine that with strong armor and you can be pretty bad ass.  Just like life there will always be someone stronger.  I just wish I knew in January how to play because I would be invincible by now!!


No comments: