Monday, July 21, 2008

Mamma Mia



Greece here I come...

Rarely have a seen a movie that has inspired me to visit a it's location. Rarely have a seen such an inspired musical performance from an actor in a movie musical. Well, Mamma Mia I have to say was a triumph.

It was like a chocolate souflee... soft, sweet, familiar and full of flavor, but nothing that will hurt your stomach. Due to the amazing Meryl Streep, even a few tears fell. Be prepared to have a good time in Mamma Mia. Leave your cynical, jaded and judgemental ideas behind and enjoy yourself (just don't sing out loud).

I saw it at the famous movie musical house called "Ziegfeld" on 54th Street. I've seen Chicago, Phantom of the Opera, Dreamgirls, Sweeney Todd and now Mamma Mia there! If you want to see a movie musical, you've got to see it at the Ziegfeld.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh good advice... don't sing out loud. My father was asked in the middle of the movie to stop singing by the woman sitting next to him!

Kevin said...

Yeah this couple next to me joking said, "no singing" before it even started!