Thursday, April 10, 2008

NYC Subway Rules


New Yorkers surprise me. It happens few and far between, but they do surprise me. Here's a story from this morning...

I get on the train with my suitcase, tote and computer bag on me (quite a bit of stuff, but I'm leaving from work to the airport tonight). I sit and my friend and roommate is next to me. It's crowded (it's rush hour). I was surprised we even got a seat. Doors close and the train moves to the next stop. Doors open, people get in, doors close and subway moves. While riding between stops an old man says, "it's a nyc transit rule that this many people be sitting on this bench, could you move down?" I moved about half a butt cheek and burst out laughing.

He would be better off just asking us to move, but to reference some bogus fact that he obviously made up was ridiculous and foolish. I got heated and had an outburst that B didn't enjoy. I liked how the older guy asked the two white guys to move, instead of the two people of color on the far end. I bet if it was a row of black folk he wouldn't have said a thing. What a scrotum!!

I should have taken my camera out and snapped a few shots of him! The nerve of some people.

For my own piece of mind I went to the nyc subway website for a list of rules and didn't find a single thing on how many people should be sitting on a subway car bench. Click the post title for those list of rules.

No comments: