Monday, December 10, 2007

Thou Shall Kiss Old Flame

This happened a while ago, but I'd thought I'd share...finally.

I went home for Thanksgiving, Tuesday to Sunday. I emailed "G" (I've written about him before) when i arrived and a day later got a call from him. We chit chatted for a bit until he said,

"What are you doing"?
I thought, "I'm talking to you", but said, "nothing".

He proceeded to say that he was swinging by my mom's house to pick me up so that we could take a drive. It took him about a half hour to get there in this big black luxury car. When he saw me coming he put the car in park got out to give me a big hug. We hadn't seen each other in person in about seven years. We drove and drove while talking and "catching up". During this time I was thinking, "what if". He was aging so beautifully and still had that "thing" that attracted me to him back in 1999 at the singles party

We get back to my mom's house and he stops in front of the driveway with the car running. Oh I forgot he put on Luther Vandross. Luther added a nice calming and alluring atmosphere in the car. The passenger seat was reclined a bit and I was relaxed. He then touches my leg and asks for a kiss. He really didn't have to ask...

I had to ask myself if kissing him was okay. He's in a relationship, but this would be the closure I was looking for (well i would have wanted more but that's another story). I felt like I was in high school. He leaned over and we kissed for a minute (a good minute). We looked forward in his car in front of my childhood home and thought, "what now". We talked for about a half hour or more and then I really had to go before someone called the police. Our neighbors call the police if see strange cars parked for extended periods of time.

I can't say that was it. Before I got out, I asked for one more and we went at it for a bit longer. It was great, but sad. For a long time I thought G was the one that got away. Now, I know he was the right one at the right time. I don't know if the chapter is closed on us, but at least we've moved on to a different one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes your first love is not the one you end up with in the end. Kissing someone is very intimate I agree and it sounded like it was a good moment.

All relationships are different and special... the other day I realised that my boys will eventually grow old much faster than I will and I told the other half how much I will miss them when they're gone.

Strangely enough he said that no matter what happened, even if we get the same breed, each dog has its own personality - the breed might be the same, but the relationship a one off. Special!

I guess what I am saying is that it is good to be mature and realistic about past relationships - you might still love them but you are not 'in love' with them. Leave it as it is - Special.

I remember old BFs saying how things 'could have' worked out but in reality it was just not the right time nor place. We just weren't ready. Maybe he just needs a friend he knows he can rely on.

Kevin said...

hmmm...I think so. I think we can be that for each other.