Friday, November 2, 2007

Sardines on the Subway


Another eventful ride on the NYC transit system this morning.

It didn't start getting exciting until I got to midtown and had to transfer trains. Transferring trains in the morning means that you have to prepare yourself to squeeze and be pushed inside a subway car. It's annoying, I'm prepared for it, but this morning I took notice and the amount of people packed into my section of the train. Why do people feel compelled to pour themselves on the train. Filling the car so that their faces are pressed against the glass on the train doors. They don't even have something to hold onto when the train pulls off.

Note to riders: I'm sure there will be another train in the station in less than five minutes. Take a breath, the next train may not be as crowded as the one you're trying to force into.

No comments: