Friday, October 12, 2007

For Good


It was a blessed day today. I woke up, went to work, got taken out to lunch by my straight boyfriend, and then a friend that works in the building takes me to see Wicked the musical.

I truly believe that what you put out in the universe comes right back at you.

Wicked, the musical is based on The Wizard of Oz. The musical as a whole isn't the best. The book and music don't always mesh and there just too much attention paid to spectacle and not enough to character development. I suggest you read the book before you see the show. That said, I love some of songs.

  • The Wizard and I
  • I'm not that Girl
  • Defying Gravity
  • As Long as you're Mine
  • No Good Deed
  • For Good
Last night's performance haunted me. The last song, For Good is about friendship and forgiveness. The excerpt below of the lyrics go out to all my friends, new and old that I've met this year. You know who you are. Much Love


I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah once a romantic always a romantic. PS. Don't ever fall for the straight boyfriend! LOL

Hope you had a great weekend Kevin!