Monday, October 15, 2007

CO2 + Trees = Life


Today is Blog Action Day for the environment.

I believe what you put out in the universe comes back to you. In New York City, or better yet, in my world it's about how the little things add up.

At night I unplug any unused electronic devices (except DVR) that I use exclusively in the apt, which is easy because I use surge protectors to protect things like my Airport Express and Road Runner Broadband device.

In the morning, I take a 5 minute shower more out of necessity than the environment, but at least it works out. I use New York City Transit to get to work in 40 minutes (door to door). Not only that, at work I turn off my computer every night.

So, that's my small contribution to the environment. It's all I can do by any means. For starters, I'd like to sign up for Con Ed's "go green" program where the power you use is provided by the wind or sun. I'll call this week!

Go green people, for Mother Nature.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My contribution this year is to use less water for the garden.

We've bought hoses for the garden so all the grey water is going to the Elm Tree which need loads. That's 3 wash a week of about 25litres so 250litres - not bad eh!

The only powered on electrical stuff is the Home Theatre unit and the rest of the rooms are all off.

I guess a little contribution goes a long way....