Monday, August 13, 2007

Seussical Sunday


Yesterday I saw Seussical at the Lucille Lortel Theatre. A friend of mine was in it and I took a young friend (Izzy who's seven years old) and her mother to it. We saw the show, got fresh ice cream from Emack & Bolio's in SoHo, went to the Apple Store and then got food at SoHo Park.

Seussical was perfect timing because Izzy is reading Dr. Suess' books including the famous Green eggs and ham. This musical is the story of Horton the elephant and the small "whoos" on "Whooville". Horton says, "A person's a person no matter how small." Amen!

Picture it New York City, 2007, I'm walking around SoHo with a little girl on my back. It must be something about seeing a man with a little girl. I got so much attention. Random strangers smiling and complementing me on how beautiful she is even though I had nothing to do with her birth. All three of us laughed, walked and enjoyed a hot August day in New York City.

Theatre, ice cream, Apple and friends how can you go wrong.

2 comments:

Incognito Man said...

Must have been a great day! +1 positive Karma for Kevin...keep that in your pockets!

Anonymous said...

Holden

Such beautiful thoughts on Seusical Sunday. You are a father in your heart - a loving being.

Liz