Monday, August 20, 2007

22nd Street

I found myself in Chelsea quite a bit this weekend (yes, very funny). If I could afford to live there, I would.

I discovered, while moving around Chelsea (14th street to 26th Streets), that I rarely walked on the busy 23rd street. I took side streets like 22nd or 24th. Those streets aren't as crowded and maneuvering is a lot easier and more scenic with the brownstones.

A thought popped up in my mind. Is this a sign? Am I getting old? Am I tired of New York City? Normally, I always want to be on the busiest more crowded parts of NYC to be feel the "energy" of the city. This weekend it was more about the journey. More about

Maybe I needed a break from Chelsea or I need a break from New York. I think it was both.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tried something back to stop and look up once awhile..even along the same route. You'd be surprised at what goes on higher than the usual eye-level contact we make with our surrounding. It is just refreshing to think that cities has more to offer than walking traffic! There is nothing wrong with maturity...I think it is vacation time again!