Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Next Book - The Big One

I'm reading the 800 plus page "The Passage".  It is another book with vampires in it.  I was looking for a good summer book after reading "Breaking Dawn".  Steven King gave it a great review in Entertainment Weekly so I thought I'd give this $9.99 book a try.  That's another reason ereaders are convenient .  You can buy a book for $9.99 instead of the thick hardcover that costs $27.00.  So you cut the money and weight.


As of now, there are three main characters:

Amy (little girl abandoned by mother)
Wolgast (FBI)
Anthony Carter - death row inmate

110 pages in I can tell this is going to be one of those books with many characters weaving in and out of each other. These vampires are more monster than Edward Cullen and definitely don't sparkle.  


I will remind you that the book is 800 pages long (more or less).  I was intimated by that because it takes me a while to finish a book with working as much as I do, but I can tell this book is weaving a great story and that something is going to happen  (that was before I saw the subtitle in the picture to the right.  The book is so good, I'm already picturing actors in certain roles. 


I'm hoping to be done by September!

No comments: