Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A New Camera


Friday May 29th I went to B's birthday dinner in Hell's Kitchen at Meskerem 47 (an Ethiopian Restaurant). The food was different, good but different. I had some deliciously sweet honey wine though (maybe too much). During the evening we took a few pictures to document the food and guests present.

Afterwards we left the restaurant and headed for the train station at 42nd and 8th Avenue, dropped off a few friend and I walked a friend to 57th street, to her bus to the upper east side. I approached Columbus Circle for the train I needed uptown and realized my camera was gone. I knew I had it on my shoulder when I left the restaurant, but couldn't remember if I had it when I got to 42nd street.

I checked the restaurant and retraced my steps and no camera. I was pissed and went home. There was no contact information inside the camera. I decided to put an ad on Craiglist's Lost and Found section as one last hope.

Two days went by and no email. Monday, I bought a Canon camera for $129.99. It was a good thing because the video from the camera uploaded easily to my mac for editing in iMovie. That's a huge plus. Thursday, I got an email that asked me to describe some of the pictures taken on the camera. I did and they said they had my camera! I picked it up the next day and thanked him again and again.

This is what happened... the couple was walking to their car from seeing a Broadway show and found the camera. After finding no contact information inside, they had their "assistant" look on Craigslist where they found my ad. Before picking up the camera I offered them a Border's Books Gift Card and they refused. He did suggest that I put come contact information on the camera.

Now I have two cameras. I going to give the Sony to my mom and keep the Canon.

Note to you:
  • Make sure your camera has contact info on the camera. You never know.
  • Also, watch that Honey Wine.

1 comment:

Hadi said...

I'd have a nasty heart attack if I ever loose mine...yes Honey wine is now off my list. :-)