Saturday, February 7, 2009

Choices

A friend of mine told me....actually she ordered me to, "Stop what you're doing and set your DVR to record Friday Night Lights. Well, I did and I haven't looked back.

This show is about choices. Do I go to college? How can I make a difference in my community? Do I follow my dreams or settle?

This show is raw, exposed and brutal at times. It's hard to watch these characters do things that you know won't turn out well, but that's part of the joy as well. I guarantee if you watch one episode you will be hooked. That's not to say it's all pain. There's joy when people triumph over their given circumstances.

It's a shame that a show this well acted and written is struggling to find the ratings to keep it on the air. People had to sign a petition to get it back on the air.

I don't think it's popular because it's rooted in truth not fantasy. I'm glad that NBC has given it chance after chance.

So, I'm going to give you the same advice given to me.

"Stop what you're doing and watch/record Friday Night Lights!

No comments: